Too busy working my little pixie arse off recently to blog as much as I’d like. There’s no such thing as having Christmas off when you work in the healthcare sector *grumble gripe grumble etc*
The last week or so has been a trying time. Christmas is approaching and I’ll be stuck at work while my family celebrate without me some 250 miles away, my work situation is changing due to George Osborne’s public sector cuts (cheers mate), and its basically dark all the frigging time. It’s definitely time for a gratitudes list, methinks.
1. Avenged Sevenfold, specifically the Waking The Fallen album
2. Having such a wicked bunch of people to work with and to make the work day so much more enjoyable
3. My new electric cigarette that is going to help me quit the hell out of smoking
4. Dickie, as always, just cos *swoon*
5. Angel the sexy malamute
6. This YouTube channel YouTube.com/user/albinwonderland
7. And this one YouTube.com/user/lacigreen
8. Walking Angel on the beach. It’s the most beautiful place for miles around, and I get to go there nearly every day
9. All the sexy new underwear I just bought myself to cheer myself up!
10. Finding the perfect Xmas pressie for my friend Clem who’s out in China
11. Tolkien – I’ve been re-reading The Hobbit before I go and see the film. I can’t believe I almost forgot how much I love Middle Earth
12. Peppermint and liquorice tea
13. Green tea with orange
14. Finding a camera case in the street that will fit my camera perfectly!
15. That I was born in these times, when a great shift is about to occur, and I get to be a part of it
Its been extra hard to stay positive this week, for which I’m blaming Mercury retrograde for cocking up everyone’s lives. In a bid to eliminate negativity here is the list of the things I’m currently grateful for.
Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of the Buddha by Tara Brach (thanks Choo)
Having so many amazing charity shops 10 minutes from my house
Living so close to the sea and a beautiful beach
Dickie for just being the best person in the world
My mum and the vet for taking care of my puppy
Panda for designing my amazing new ink!
Cycling to work
A service user who I can’t name for being hilarious and adorable and making me smile and laugh all day
Lavender bubble bath
Google Maps for now doing cycling routes (even if I still suck at reading them)
I love the random magical things that life throws in one’s path. I’m sitting all cosy in my bed listening to some trad Irish folk being played by a live band at the jubilee street party the next road over.